ENGLISH HELP BOOKLET
Who can use the service?
KAIST undergraduates & graduates
What service is available?
KAIST students can use a 25-minute face-to-face or online consultation for English speaking and writing, including writing assignments to be submitted to the School of Humanities and Social Sciences courses.
Opening and Closing Dates
Open all four semesters (closed on holidays & exam periods)
Log in with your KAIST Portal ID & password, and choose Clinic 1 or 2.
Below are the Zoom URLs for English Clinic 1 & 2.
- ENGLISH CLINIC 1 https://us04web.zoom.us/j/335171348?pwd=ZGJ3cnAxU3ZORExCRTNnYUhlSXNsQT09
- ENGLISH CLINIC 2 https://zoom.us/j/790264390?pwd=WWt5ck90cGR4MTQyUkg3SDlpK0NVZz09
- For Electrical Engineering Graduate students
► Carter Peyton: https://kaist.zoom.us/j/88461798929
► Matthew Baldwin: https://kaist.zoom.us/j/82987343899
► Misty Kim: https://kaist.zoom.us/j/94269984415?pwd=eW50NXZNcFFidEZaYk9oVUhETS82Zz09
► Holly Wang: https://kaist.zoom.us/j/87924927583?pwd=aUFSQXBtdDkzS0YxSEJhRFN6NWFXUT09
► Seonmin Park: https://kaist.zoom.us/j/87363146883
► Aeri Shin: https://kaist.zoom.us/j/9978640782?pwd=Q25vazRDaHgrQ2pDTDFmZ25rb3M3dz09
Please read the following rules before signing up for a consultation
- ① Sign up should be completed one hour ahead and cancellation should be completed two days ahead.
- ② Monthly sign-up begins at 2:00 PM on 25th each month.
- ③ Each session lasts 25 minutes and each student may sign up for up to two appointments per week.
- ④ If a student does not show up or is more than five minutes late for an appointment, his or her appointment is automatically cancelled.
- ⑤ If a student has two appointments automatically cancelled, he or she is not allowed to sign up for the rest of the semester.
- ⑥ Though consultation is done on an individual basis, group consultation may be allowed.
- ⑦ Students are encouraged to bring discussion topics for conversation or writing samples for writing.
- ⑧ The writing consultation service is to help students improve writing proficiency. It is not an editing service. (up to A4 12pt, 20 sentences)
For any further questions, please call the EFL program (Tel. 042-350-4686) or use the Q & A board at https://efl.kaist.ac.kr/boards/lists/efl_qna.